Social Thoughts & Responsibilities of Human

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Humanity or anthropoid – Which is yours?

I had a phone from one of my friends, whose brother was met with an accident, while he was on way to his home to Adambakkam. While he was nearing CTS in Narayanapuram, pallikaranai, unfortunately he met with an accident while he collided with a Van, and had some serious injuries. There was a crowd gathered around him, none came help him. Later one of the persons working in CTS, happen to see the accident and admitted him in the nearby Kamakchi Hospital located opposite to the CTS, Pallikarnai. Though there were so many people gathered around, why none came to help him except one. Once she finished telling this, I was wondering, Is that only one out of 100 people has got humanity, and the remaining 99 people are anthropoids. And lastly she said that as she saw her brother suffering, she feels that let it be a dog, human or even animal, she will help surely. And I believe she would definitely help, as her brother physical pain has caused a pain in her heart.

We do see so many accidents while traveling to home or office or some other places, just wonder how many of them go forward to help the injured person, while we happen to see such incidents? I happen to see one accident one day while I was on my way to home from office, where the guy skid from his vehicle near saidapet, and got seriously fractured his leg, and there was a huge crowd, and none went forward except me. Once I went in and called for help, a woman who is on her way to temple, with a child in hand, came forward to help me in taking him to platform side. And later a guy who took the bike and parked it aside. Later, when we came to know his leg would have been fractured, the women she gave the towel which she brought for the child, and asked us to tie it tight to his leg-joint as a first aid. Later we asked him if we can go for hospital, he said no, and told just give me a call to any of my family members, so if they are nearby I would be more confident. And later we dialed a couple of times to the number he gave, but unfortunately there is no one in his home to pick his call. And again we tried calling his friends mobile, and they told they would be coming there within 30 minutes. Till I called their friends, the crowd was there, later one by one they left him as such and went, except five of them, including me. Later their friends came and thanked us and took the person to the hospital.

For sure my feeling is once, this guy recovers himself and sees such an accident surely he will go and help, though he haven’t done it before, as he experienced the pain. Honestly myself, when I met with an accident near the beach, there is no one who came to help me, except an old man. That made me think, there was so many crowd around, and why none came forward, even to lift me. This made me human, and now I do help others, though if the accident is going be a Police case also I am not worried, as I know Life is precious.

Humanity – is that state of being human whereas Anthropoid – is a Person who resembles a non-human primate though he is born human. I know you would have felt like helping a person met with an accident, but some fear would have stopped you. But don’t get scared; think them as your family member and go forward to help him/her. Surely when you do good, you will live good. Life is so short, let’s live it and let others live it. To be living in peace, Humanity is the only way. Share your experiences to us.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home